On 24th February 2016 the RSPG adopted a new work programme for 2016 and beyond.
RSPG has identified the following work items to be developed during the next years:
- Digital Single Market (DSM);
- Review of the Telecoms Regulatory Framework;
- Advice to the European Commission on spectrum aspects of the DSM;
- Spectrum related aspects for next-generation wireless systems (5G);
- Internet-of-things (IoT) including M2M;
- Intelligent Transport Systems;
- WRC-19 preparation (common policy objectives for WRC-19); and
- “Good offices” to assist in bilateral negotiations between EU countries
Due to the need to respond to the European Commission’s public consultation on the Telecoms Framework Review, RSPG agreed to develop an Opinion in advance of this Work Programme commencing; this was adopted by correspondence in January 2016.