The RSPG is pleased to confirm that it will be holding workshops for interested stakeholders during 2018 on the following dates:
More information and details how to register will be published closer to the dates of these events.
The Radio Spectrum Policy Group (RSPG) launched already in November 2016 a strategic roadmap for 5G in Europe that identified
- Low bandwidth spectrum (700 MHz) which can enable 5G coverage to all areas, ensuring that everyone benefits;
- Medium bandwidth spectrum (3.4-3.8 GHz) which will bring the necessary capacity for new 5G services in urban areas; and
- High bandwidth spectrum (26 GHz) to give ultra-high capacity for innovative new services, enabling new business models and sectors of the economy to benefit from 5G.
The RSPG has now, in a second Opinion, adopted further recommendations for policymakers on strategic issues related to 5G. Those amongst others;
- Large blocks of 3.4-3.8 GHz made available by 2020;
- Flexibility in authorisation (for example concerning geography);
- Cross border service performance needs to be defined;
- Coverage requirements set according to national needs;
- Sufficiently large portion (e.g. 1 GHz) of the 26 GHz band made available (locally) in response to market demand by 2020; and
- General authorisation in 66-71 GHz.
The recommendations should inform current political initiatives on 5G and spectrum management in the EU.
RSPG18-002 : RSPG#45 Agenda
RSPG18-003 : Commission activities related to spectrum policy
RSPG18-004 : Progress report of the RSPG WG on 5G
RSPG18-005 : 2nd opinion on 5G networks
RSPG18-006 : Progress Report of RSPG WG on WRC-19
RSPG18-009 : Results of the 4th RSPG Questionnaire Good offices – 700 MHz band
RSPG18-010 : 5th Progress report of RSPG WG on DSM
RSPG18-012 : RSPG Work Programme for 2018 and beyond
RSPG18-013 : List of documents for publication RSPG#45
RSPG18-014 : 5th Questionnaire – Good offices – 700 MHz
RSPG18-016rev1 : RSPG Chair’s report RSPG #45
Responses to the public consultation on the draft RSPG work programme 2018 and beyond are now available.